Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Deje mi corazon en El Salvador

As most of you know, in November 2009 we had the chance to go back to my mission and put on a clinic for the youth that are preparing to go on their missions. Today we had a reunion for the people from that trip. I walked in and I saw one of my favorite couple, Elder and Sister Rivas, they are the area Seventy of my favorite country, El Salvador. It is funny, I see these missionaries come home and move on and just forget their missions. I can not, I can not move on from the wonderful people and connections that I made. So I sat next to this couple and just chatted about life, and they are so nice, so interested, so amazing they even offered their son to be my husband. We will see if I take that offer if many more birthdays pass me by being single. But as we were listening to these area seventies talk about the impact this clinic has made on their countries, Sister Rivas just took my hand, and that meant so much to me! I felt like I was back on my mission, sitting next to the old ladies and having them hold my hands, my companions feeling the need to be touching my arm as we contacted. I was so annoyed when I first got to the mission, but now, as Sister Rivas grabbed my hand I realized I MISS IT! I truly felt like ME, I was myself on my mission, I miss that. So enough reminiscing, but tonight was exactly what I needed. . . funny how a simple gesture can make a huge difference!

Here is the Rivas family with my family, minus Carlos.

No comments:

Post a Comment