Monday, March 15, 2010

I love to see the temple


Last night, the Bishop's parent's came to speak to us. Brother Jamison is the temple president of the Panama temple. It was such a great fireside and really got me thinking. His wife spoke of the people of Panama and how they sacrifice so much to go to the temple. It got me thinking of the people in El Salvador, they are SO excited for the temple and the blessings they will receive from it. They spoke of a lady who would wake up at 2am so she would be at the temple by 6am. It made me think of the Cuzul family, who I have thought of a lot lately. I saw a member of their family when I went in November, I know that their family of 35 will be blessed greatly by the temple. Just makes me think of all the things I need to do better so I can always be worthy to go to the temple.
Sister Jamison also spoke of sacrifice and sacred, she said something that impacted me a lot. She said, quoting Elder Packer, that in order to experience sacred things we need to make sacrifices. Sometimes we need to sacrifice the things of the world to be 100 percent on the Lord's side. It was a great fireside and just a good reboot and reminder of the amazing blessings of the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment