Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let Freedom Ring?


No, I'm not talking about this freedom...



I am talking about this "freedom". I have an awesome sister in law and brother in law. They have four kids, are both getting their Phd's and just know so much about the world. They are moving to Qatar and have already been to Egypt and all over the American continent. I was talking to her about what they do and she made a good point, she said they love their freedom and love the liberty to be able to pick up and move and experience.
This really made me think... I had always thought that freedom would mean I would have a beautiful home and a beautiful family. Now I wonder if I would rather have the freedom to experience, to travel, to move at any moment and pick up and experience in a way I can't see available with a mortgage and a 9-5 job ( Don't get me started on mine... I feel like a woman twice my age).

I guess my heart and brain are looking to rebel.. who knows... who knows if this makes sense.


Ok word vomit is over :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya man. I've been a diligent 9-5 slave for the last 6 years. Can't wait for that freedom, I am working towards it.

    ReplyDelete