Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Might as well call me urkel



These two pictures I consider to be self portraits. Lately I have been wondering why am I so awkward! I have had so many moments wondering, "Lauren what is wrong with you, should have stopped talking forever ago". Thank you Trent for loving me even though I am socially awkward. I have figured out the root of the issue, I can not stand lulls in the conversation, I feel this need to keep it going!
I have so many friends who know what to say at the right time. They are not awkward, uptight or socially painful like moi. So if you have the secret, PLEASE for the sake of everyone who knows me.. share.


This is starting to get in the way of life... my job ( how can I sell products to people when I am weird) and if I want to be a zumba instructor (watching me dance all over the place... in spandex.. yelling.. yeah probably not).

2 comments:

  1. I am no expert in this category - I think we all make things ultra awkward enough for it to be normal BUT someone gave me really great advice once to 'be ok with the silence'. I'm still working on it but actually thinking before I talk is sometimes a very positive thing for this girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it doesn't matter if your awkward as long as your genuine, which I know you to be. I think people pick up on if you are genuinely interested in them & in what they say and so they (most often) excuse any funny comments.

    ReplyDelete