Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lessons Learned



I love this quote and I am trying to implement it into my daily life, especially in this weird ( but sometimes enjoyable) phase I am in. I am sure all 4 of you that read this are sick of my emotional "deep" posts. But this is where I am at in life right now. I am learning so much about myself, some good, lots bad and trying to fix it daily and utterly fail while trying to realize my dream in life to make it a reality. Everyone else seems to have it figured out, I will get there. . . don't you worry :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren,

    Don't worry about not having it all figured out. I assure you that millions of us (including myself) have not "figured it out" yet. If it seems we have it figured out, we probably just think we have it figured out, only to find out later down the road that we were totally wrong. And that's the great part of life - it's a whole lot of learning.

    This is also one of my favorite quotes by C.S. Lewis, from Mere Christianity: "We may, indeed be sure that perfect chastity - like perfect charity - will not be attained by any merely human efforts. You must ask for God's help. Even when you have done so, it may seem to you for a long time that no help, or less help than you need, is being given. Never mind. After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again. Very often what God first helps us towards is not the virtue itself but just this power of always trying again. For however important chastity (or courage, or truthfulness, or any other virtue) may be, this process trains us in habits of the soul with are more important still" (page 101).

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your posts Lauren. I too am at a crossroads in my life and am searching for answers in the ambiguity of my life right now. I wish I would know more about what to do with myself too, and it is really frustrating, and at times discouraging, to not understand. I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete