Sunday, October 17, 2010

Five dollar wreath

I was supposed to go to a craft night last week, it was canceled, so I decided to make the craft myself. I went to Michaels ( hobby lobby was not open, don't worry) and bought some supplies.

Wood wreath- 3.49 ( BUT I got it 40 % off) = 2.10
Paper Bags- huge sack at walmart- 1.99 ( I used half)
Glue gun ( already had it)
Total craft cost = 4.09 most cost at least three times that

The tutorial suggested using a paper cut out, if you have one laying around, great! If not, and you do not want to spend 16 dollars on one, use a mug and trace about four per paper bag. But a couple bags together, use some heavy duty scissors and cut out 4 or 5 bags at a time.
Grab each circle and wrap it around a pencil, pen, or in my case a twistable. Put a dot of glue on the edge of it an push it onto the wood ( ps, you can use a styrofoam wreath; however, they do cost more). Place them close together and it will look like this...





I plan on mod podging an L to put in the middle of it... oh so antro right!?

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute.... how long did it take you to glue them all on? P.s. This is Heather not Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally doing this. Thanks Lauren, you crafty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you for posting the "how to"!! I will definitely be trying this one!! You are so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete