Monday, November 8, 2010

Sparkly donuts

It all started at work on Saturday. It was a weird day because the systems has shut down. We were doing everything manually and it was stressful. All of a sudden a piece of paper with my name watercolored on it came through the drive thru tube. It was given to me and I opened it up and there was a painted picture of me getting into my car at 3pm after work. I got into my car to see my next instructions...
Red roses, and a map to Utah lake to find Balloons...
With the balloons there was the next map to where I should go...
So I found Trent on a dock (surrounded by Chinese men fishing.. not planned), he had a Krispy Kreme donut bag in his hand. Story with that.... we always decided never to have a marriage agreement, so instead of saying "ring" (heaven forbid) we were refer to them as sparkly donuts. He would play dumb and I would get frustrated, but it played into his plan the whole time. So as I saw the donuts, I was disappointed.... but then he reached into his pocket for a ring box that had the Krispy Kreme logo painted on it, he knelt down and proposed. I said YES YES YES YES YES and was shaking but SO HAPPY! We hugged and kissed ( gross right!?). It was so great....
That's my ring:) It is too big.... so if you see me in the next 7 to 10 days with a different one... it is getting sized.
Yeah he's mine now... FOREVER
I had been craving cafe rio all day, so he went and got it for our picnic.
We found leaves to play in. We will get married January 15, 2011 in the Mount timpanogos temple. Reception will be that night... location to be determined!!!



24 comments:

  1. Cutest story! I love your sparkly donut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Foutz! So stoked for you! I may actually be in Utah that day! So soon! I hope I get an invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love being in LOVE?! So absolutely thrilled for you and still can't believe I haven't even met this boy yet. Must. Change. That. Soon. Your ring is beautiful and you two look so happy. Congratulations, cute girl! Being married is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOVE IT! Thanks for the pictures. Cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love you. Hate not seeing you. But this is the best news ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! And such a pretty sparkly donut :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren, this Kim Staheli!! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations. That is wonderful, i wish you the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOHHHH I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting! I can't wait! You are so beautiful and look so happy! Being married is wonderful! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, the sparkly donut thing is a crack up. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss you! I am so happy for you. I really love that you posted this. We have all been reading up about your fun life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun engagement story!! You are marrying an artist! We are so happy for you two. Now, I have a very serious question...if we book airline tickets to come to your wedding, you won't postpone it for another year like Chelsea did right?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. lala! i didn't know you had a blog!!!!! i'm adding you to my blog roll INSTANTLY! i'm so excited for you! your ring is absolutely gorgeous and i LOVE your engagement story. sooo cute. i miss you like crazy. lots of love, squats

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a cute proposal!! I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love! Love! Love! Love! Love! Congrats. I am so happy for you. You deserve this and him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAHOOOOO!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! you two are adorable together. please have a reception here so i can see your cute faces and amazing dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a sweet story. you guys are adorable! marriage is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete