Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bitter policeman


I am aware I am going out of order, but this was such a classic story I had to share. So Trent and I leave the reception, only to get about 5 miles down the road and the police lights are behind us. I turned to my new husband and asked him how fast he was going (it was a construction zone... and he was eager to get to slc... weird). The cop pulls us over on the awful utah freeway, he comes to my side, yes, I am in my dress and gives us a lecture how with writing on our windows we could hit a pedestrian. Yup... what a jerk. He then took our names and birthdates, and told us to get off on the next exit to wipe it off. Um.. sir... with what! All we had was wedding stuff, to go boxes and cake. We had to search for an old shirt and my poor little hubby wiped of the windows. I think that young man just got dumped, why else would he hate us!?

So we arrive at the Radisson, as in love as ever. We get the keys, head up to our room, only to see an ajoining room with people who thought cnn would be so romantic to have on the highest level possible. We called downstairs and asked to switch rooms, we get up to the new room, they gave us the wrong keys... Trent heads on downstairs, leaving me in the hallway in my dress... fun exchanges on the hallway. Bride... all by her self.

It all worked out in the end, but we look back on it now and just laugh.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this made me laugh so hard!!! Your poor hubby, just trying to make it to his wedding night and the stars were SO not aligned in his favor!!!! And the poor bride... just wanting to get out of the dress and into her sweats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our horrible "honeymoon" stories started the very next day what with delayed flight, two hours with the car rental place, no room at the hotel, more time with the car rental, flooded hotel, etc. :D I love these stories! And I'm glad that he didn't give you a ticket, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh. Dev and I are discussing this post and we are SO MAD!! what a jerk to pull you guys over!! i can't even believe that. But i'm happy you guys have a great attitude and can laugh about it now. haha what an eventful night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. No way. I'm completely shocked. Well...that's memorable. haha. Glad you can laugh about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cops are jerks! Devin and I got a ticket with Just Married written on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha this story makes me laugh! even though it's not perfect it makes for a great memory later! who wants a perfect wedding night anyway right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha such a good story though!
    Congrats on your marriage. Your wedding pictures are beautiful and you guys are a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete